The Geo-mapping for Energy and Minerals (GEM) Poster Session
Location: Muliplex - DND Gym
The GEM Poster Session brings together many different posters by Geological Survey of Canada scientists and collaborators that have been presented at various other conferences and venues. Some of these posters examine aspects of bedrock and surficial geology mapping in northern Canada, along with mineral exploration and overviews of airborne geophysical surveys conducted during the GEM program. Other poster topics include: dating of hydrothermal copper-gold systems; geo- and thermochronological insights into Jurassic accretion and syn-orogenic sedimentation in the Northern Canadian Cordillera; Paleoproterozoic evolution of the south-central Rae margin; environmental and economic impact of oxide-sulphide gossans in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut; High Arctic Large Igneous Province mantle plumes in the northern Archipelago; and insights into the geological evolution and economic potential of the Thelon tectonic zone and western Rae craton.
Posters on Display
- De Vazelhes, V., Boulianne-Verschelden, N., Beaudoin, G., McMartin, I., Côté-Mantha, O., and Simard, M., 2018. Gold mineralisation footprint in glacial sediments: geochemistry and indicator minerals from the Amaruq deposit (Nunavut, Canada); Resources for Future Generations (RGF) 2018, Abstracts, June 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- McMartin, I., Campbell, J., Tremblay, T., and Godbout, P.M., 2019. A new glacial landscape map of the LIS in central Nunavut, Canada: an integrated approach to understand paleo-ice sheet dynamics; 20th Congress of the International Union for Quaternary Research (INQUA), P-1881.
- Normandeau, P.X., McMartin, I., Corriveau, L., Harlov, D.E., and Paquette, J., 2016. Fluorapatite as an indicator mineral for iron oxide alkali-alteration systems in till, Great Bear magmatic zone, Northwest Territories, Canada; Geological Association of Canada-Mineralogical Association of Canada, Joint Annual Meeting, Abstract Volume, Whitehorse, Yukon, June 1-3, 2016, p. 70.
- Stashin, S., Gosse, J., Smith, I.R., and Csank, A., 2019. Beaufort Formation chronostratigraphy and Pliocene landscape evolution - new insights into the Pliocene offshore deposits; Atlantic Geoscience Society 45th Colloquium and General Meeting, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Feb 8-9. NRCan #20180411.
- Smith, I.R., 2019. Archival data mining activities in northwestern Canada: serendipitous science and its use in advancing understanding of Quaternary environments; INQUA, Dublin, Ireland. July 24-31, 2019. NRCan#20180354.
- Mottram, C., and Kellett, D.A., 2019. Direct dating of hydrothermal copper-gold systems using calcite U-Pb dating, central Yukon Territory, Canada; Goldschmidt, Spain.
- Kellett, D.A., and Zagorevski, A., 2019. New geo- and thermochronological insights into Jurassic accretion and syn-orogenic sedimentation in the Northern Canadian Cordillera; Geological Association of Canada, Quebec City, Canada.
- Kellett, D.A., Regis, D., and Pehrsson, S., 201 Cooling history of the Southern Rae craton: spatio-temporal evolution of cratonization; Canadian Tectonics Group annual workshop, Quebec.
- Kellett, D.A., Coutand, I., Mottram, C., Zagorevski, A., Ryan, J., Colpron, M., Joyce, N., and Banjan, M., 2018. Post-accretionary fault deformation of the Intermontane region, Yukon and northern British Columbia; Thermo 2018, Germany.
- Campbell, J.E., Lauzon, G., Dyke, A.S., and Roy, M., 2017. Regional glacial history, paleo-dynamics and dispersal patterns, South Rae craton, Northwest Territories; Geological Association of Canada-Mineralogical Association of Canada, Kingston, Ontario, Program with abstracts, v. 40, p. 48.
- Berman, R.G., Nadeau, L., Davis, W.J., McCurdy, M.W., Craven, J.A., McMartin, I., Whalen, J.B., Sanborn-Barrie, M., Carr, S., Pehrsson, S.J., Percival, J.A., and Girard, É., 2017. New insights into the geological evolution and economic potential of the Thelon tectonic zone and western Rae craton, Nunavut; Geological Survey of Canada, Open File 7901, 2015, 1 sheet, https://doi.org/10.4095/296719; AME Roundup 2017, January 23-26, Vancouver, B.C.
- Wodicka, N., Steenkamp, H.M., Peterson, T., Whalen J., and Lawley, C.J.M., 2017. Neoarchean to Paleoproterozoic evolution of the south-central Rae margin, Tehery-Wager area, Nunavut: Insights from field mapping, U-Pb geochronology, and Sm-Nd isotope data; 2017 GAC-MAC Annual Meeting, Kingston, Ontario, May 14-18, 2017, Abstracts Volume 40, p. 423.
- Craven, J. A., Roots, E., and Rainbird, R., 2016. Geochron inversion of magnetotelluric data; American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2016, San Francisco, California; Dec 12-16 2016.
- Galloway, J.M., Vickers, M., Price, G.D., Poulton, T., Grasby, S.E., Hadlari, T., Beauchamp, B., and Sulphur, K., 2019. Late Jurassic-Early Cretaceous carbon isotope stratigraphy of Arctic Canada; European Geosciences Union General Assembly, April 7-12, Vienna, Austria.
- Galloway, J.M., Hadlari, T., Fensome, R., Swindles, G.T., Schröder-Adams, C.A., Herrle, J., and Fath, J., 2018. Response of vegetation to Lower Cretaceous paleoclimate variation in the Canadian Arctic; European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly, April 8-13, 2018, Vienna, Austria.
- Galloway, J.M., Ernst, R., and Hadlari, T., 20 The high Arctic large igneous province mantle plume caused uplift of Arctic Canada; European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly, April 2016, Vienna, Austria.
- Kabanov, P.B., Gouwy, S.A., Deblonde, C., Jiang, C., and Borrero, M.L., 2019. The Canol shale basin of NW Canada: New outlook on lithostratigraphy and paleoceanographic control of a Devonian shale-hydrocarbon prospect; CSPG-CSEG-CWLS-GAC-MAC-IAH Geoconvention 2019, Calgary, May 13-
- King, R., Piercey, S., Paulen, R.C., Smith, I.R., Day, S., and Petrus, J., 2019. Isotopic and geochemical signatures of base metal indicator minerals in the southern Mackenzie basin, Northwest Territories, Canada; GAC-MAC-IAH, Where Geosciences Converge, Quebec 2019, Abstract Volume 42, p. 121.
- Paulen, R.C., Smith, I.R., Ross, M., Hagedorn, G.H., and Rice, J.M., 20 Ice-flow history of the Laurentide Ice Sheet in the southwest Northwest Territories: a Shield to Cordillera transect; GAC-MAC-IAH, Where Geosciences Converge, Quebec 2019, Abstract Volume 42, p. 156.
- Rainbird, R.H., and Rooney, A.D., 2019. Re-Os geochronology of carbonaceous shales provides new constraints on the depositional age of Mesoproterozoic strata in the Hornby Bay and Amundsen basins, northern Canada; GAC-MAC-AIH, Quebec 2019, Abstract Volume 42, p. 163.
- Williamson, M.-C., Percival, J.B., Harris, J., Peterson, R.C., Froome, J., Bédard, J., McNeil, R.J., Day, S.J., Kingsbury, C.G., Grunsky, E., McCurdy, M., Shepherd, J., Hillary, B., and Buller, G., 2014. Environmental and economic impact of oxide-sulphide gossans, Northwest Territories and Nunavut; Geological Survey of Canada, Open File 7486, 10 p. + poster. https://doi.org/10.4095/293922; GSA, 125th Anniversary Annual Meeting and Expo, 27-30 October 2013, Colorado, USA.
- Martel, E., Pehrsson, S.J. Regis, D., Thiessen, E., Jamison, D., Percival, J., and Davis, W., 2019. New 1:250,000 scale bedrock geology maps of the South Rae craton in NWT; Canadian Tectonics Group, St John’s Newfoundland, October 4-6.
- Regis, D., Sanborn-Barrie, M., Clark, K., and Holt, K., 2019. GEM Boothia-Somerset Mapping Project; presented March 2019 in Taloyoak, Nunavut.
- Buller, G., Berman, R., Phillips, L., and Holt, K., 2019. GEM Chantry-Thelon Project 3D Map; presented March 2019 in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut.
- McNaughton, R., Fallas, K., Kingdon, T., and Holt, K., 2019. Geology of the Colville Hills; presented July 2019 in Colville Lake, Northwest Territories.
- Oneschuk, D., 2019. GEM Airborne Geophysical Surveys – Wolf Lake Area, Yukon.
- Oneschuk, D., 2019. GEM Airborne Geophysical Surveys – Overby-Duggan, Nunavut.
- Ozyer, C., 2019. Geo-mapping for Energy and Minerals – Bedrock Geology Maps, select examples.
- Ozyer, C., 2019. Geo-mapping for Energy and Minerals - Surficial Geology Maps, Select examples.