Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 16:20 to 16:39 Theatre 3

Author(s)

J. Blain (Presenting)
Government of Northwest Territories

L. Powell
NWT Geological Survey

H. Jones
Mine Training Society

Two Introduction to Prospecting courses were held in 2018, both in Yellowknife. The first course was attended by residents of communities across the Northwest Territories, and the second by people from the Yellowknife area. The courses were held from June 21-24 and were organized by the Mine Training Society, and received sponsorship from the GNWT Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment, in addition to technical and in-kind support from Northwest Territories Geological Survey, Northwest Territories Mining Recorder’s Office, the NWT Mine Training Society, TerraX Minerals Inc., and Aurora College.

This presentation will discuss the 2018 Introduction to Prospecting courses': goals and objectives, outreach efforts, pre-course planning and organization, course curriculum, outcomes, and attendance. We will also present the improvements made from previous Introduction to Prospecting courses, and improvements that can be applied to future outreach programs. Additionally we will preview the Introduction to Prospecting course video.