Top 5 Developments in Indigenous, Environmental and Regulatory Law in the Northwest Territories in 2018Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 09:40 to 09:59 Theatre 3
This session will highlight some of the Top 5 Developments in Indigenous, Environmental and Regulatory law in the Northwest Territories in 2018.
1. Implementation of Modern Treaties: The Supreme Court of Canada’s decision in the Peel River case, First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun v. Yukon
2. Remember Species at Risk: The Federal Court of Appeal’s decision on the Trans Mountain Pipeline Expansion Project, Tsleil-Waututh Nation v. Canada
3. Amendments to the federal Metal and Diamond Mining Effluent Regulations
4. The Return of the HADD: Restoring the express prohibitions against the harmful alteration, disruption or destruction of fish habitat, Canada’s Proposed Amendments to the Fisheries Act
5. The North Slave Métis Alliance and consultation on the Northwest Territory Métis Nation Land and Resources Agreement-in-Principle, Enge v. Canada