The Transformation of De Beers CanadaWednesday, November 21, 2018 - 11:20 to 11:39 Theatre 2
Over the past two years, De Beers Canada has undergone a transformation.
This has included:
- opening the world’s largest new diamond mine (Gahcho Kué Mine);
- relocating its operational support centre to Calgary from Toronto, and refocusing the Calgary organization to ensure it provides support services to our remote operations rather than acting as a “head office”;
- improving partnerships with local communities;
- preparing to close the highly successful Victor Mine in Northern Ontario; and,
- looking for opportunities to grow the company in Canada.
The De Beers Canada of 2018 is a dramatically different company, one that has become a solid contributor to the De Beers Group, is a national leader in safety and has its focus on developing the first diamond mine on Baffin Island.
Our presentation will provide an update on the activities of De Beers Canada since 2016 and a look ahead at where our company is going in the future.